Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Endorsement - H. Lindsey Parris, '69

USAFA Brothers and Sisters:

I commend to your attention the Integrity Service and Excellence (ISE) candidates, a group of six grads that spans four decades: Mike Christy (‘63), Fred Gregory (‘64), Bill Stealey (‘70) , Mike Ott (‘85), Frank Schmuck (‘88), and Jereme Estes (‘02) .

Having known Mike Christy for twenty years, I know of no one I trust more to serve on our Board. He is a man of the highest integrity, intelligence, experience, and professionalism, as well as measured common sense—with AF-blue blood in his veins to boot. It would be my honor to serve with him in any capacity, under any circumstance.

I worked with Fred Gregory during his NASA years, and he stands out for the same reasons. Bill Stealey, of the distinguished Class after my own, is cut from the same cloth. Though I do not know Mike Ott, Frank, or Jeremy personally, I have read and advocate the ISE’s positions on the key issues that affect our Association.

Those stands, the implicit endorsement by and explicit common cause with Mike Christy, Fred, and Bill are all I need to know to give them my full support.
Accordingly, I strongly endorse the ISE "slate of six" for your consideration in the upcoming election. Whatever your inclinations as regard the candidates and the positions they support, this is a crucial election for our AOG, and our Institution needs your vote.

H. Lindsey Parris
Class of 1969